Sunday, June 10, 2007

I hung on.

I ran through the cemetary to seek for you. That very you. Whom God hath claimed prematurely. In total darkness, where raised fingers cannot be sighted, I sighed. I ran about looking around, just for you. I huffed, I puffed. I still couldn't find you. Pitch dark, total darkness I ran. I saw those who lived till their hundredth, and those who lived only to a hundred days. Boys, girls, man, woman, all, lay still, as dead as the night.

I ran through graves from 1999 to 2004. Many times, twice or thrice. Only to find many of those leftover photos too familiar. I was like a farmer, ploughing the fields and planting the seeds, returning to check all was in place. But I was seeking. Looking for something. Relentless. Like the savaged beast I was. I needed to find you.

After sixty draining minutes, I continued. I felt despondent. I felt angst. I felt anxiety. I felt pathetic. Why?! Why could I not have found you?! My head dropped. Only for me to hold it up again. I cannot give up. No, not after promises made, and to make new ones to come. I covered the land again, going one by one, with every which I prayed for a sign. I was desperate, hoping for any sort of hope.

And then.

I found you.

Rest in peace.

I'd be back, as I promised.

No comments: